Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles with my new Ridgid Bandsaw

Hi guy's,
    I just joined this forum and I am looking for some help on my new Ridgid bandsaw. It's a little story, so here goes. I purchased one 2 weeks ago from HD, and after putting it together I had a pronounced vibration that I could not get rid of. I worked with Vic from Ridgid, and left him scratching his head. I worked for hours trying moving the motor around, adjusting those stupid rubber grommets around (under the moter) adjusting belt tensions, etc. and could not get rid of this vibration. I finally took the saw back to HD and got another one. Well, low and behold, this one is doing the same exact thing. I have the pulleys aligned within 1/32" and the belt tension right on 1/2" and still there is this vibration. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I going to have to live with this? It is really annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    GaryO

Hi guy's,
    Just thought I would post a reply for those of you out there who were thinking about buying the BS1400 bandsaw. I am very impressed with Ridgid's customer service. Thank you Jake for your help in trying to isolate the vibration in the saw. I tried the new belt, and it did help a little. Can't say enough about Ridgid's help in the matter...
    GaryO

Comment

Hey Gary, just wanted to let you know that I had the same prob w/my BS1400 which I purchased last week. The vibration was coming from the lower wheel cover. I tightened up the bracket and that solved most of the prob. I had the drive belts too tight; loosened them up and voila! So you might try moving the motor forward until it starts slipping. If that don't work, remove the belts, turn it on and make sure it's not in the motor (btw, I LIKE those rubber grommets -- makes it run quieter). Take the tension off the blade to see if that helps, then slowly tighten it to see if that's the prob.
      Good luck.

Comment

Gary, just noticed: you said you had the tension set on 1/2"?? The blade that came with my saw is a 3/8". Unless your blade is actually a 1/2" blade, the tension is set too high. This will probably cause vibration, as well as shorten the blade life.
        Rotsaruck.

Comment

Hey guy's,
          I had to do the same as you woodbutcher, I had to loosen the belt up beyond what the manual said (1/2") deflection, and then I was able to get rid of most of the vibration. I was just working with some pretty tough ash, and the belt didn't slip. Now I need a fence. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the one Ridgid sells for the BS1400???
          GaryO

Comment

Working...
          X