X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tough One to Write

We just returned from Maryland a couple days ago. We laid my Dad to rest at Arlington National Cemetery on August 30th after having lost him on July 26th. He was my mentor in everything, including woodworking, so you're reading the words of one very broken-hearted boy.

This is one of my lengthier posts, but I wanted to share a sampling of Dad's woodworking. He wasn't active in the online community aside from browsing the occasional forum from time to time.

Second Wind Workshop: God Speed Dad
    Pete
    My Blog - Second Wind Workshop
    http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/

Re: A Tough One to Write

sorry to hear of your loss
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Just remember he left a little piece of himself in all those projects he built.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My sympathies to you and your family.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Pete,

My sincerest sympathies to you and all of your family. I know what a tough time this is for you. Remember your Dad well, cherish your time with him and the heritage and character that he has passed to you in the father and son relationship.

May God bless,

CWS

Comment

Pete, I'm very sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have such a man as your Father. Frank

Comment

Thanks guys. He was an amazing man and Dad.
              Pete
              My Blog - Second Wind Workshop
              http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bless You and Dad Pete. We are Father Son Contractors. My Son Has His own License Now. I taught Him Cabinet Making and a whole lot more. Your post means a lot to me. Brian and I are headed down the same trail.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X