Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Ridgid 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw - Casters / Wheels Won't Work Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw - Casters / Wheels Won't Work

I purchased a Ridgid 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw – model R4512. I’ve assembled it, however when I step on the pedal to move it with the caster wheels, the lock slips off after moving it a couple of inches and it comes crashing down. Does anyone have any clear instructions or pictures as to how these casters get assembled and installed? I’ve double-checked them but can’t seem to figure out why the saw won’t move / roll properly. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ridgid 10 Inch Cast Iron Table Saw - Casters / Wheels Won't Work

I remember reading a lot of posts on this board when I was putting my 4511? saw together. It's a strange deal, the problem for me was I wanted to tighten it up and it has to have a lot of play in it.

Do some searching in here.

Does it have a fence gate latch on it?

If you're getting that latched it shouldn't come out...

Comment

You might be experiencing what many have encountered, upon assembly at the manufacture, the caster assembly was assembled wrong causing the caster system to not work correctly. I'm sure if you can get the "Search" to work for you, there are threads discussing how to do the simple fix. It involves rotating (I think, my memory isn't what it once was) one of the components 180º. Maybe someone that has a better recall can elaborate better.

Ron

Comment

Welcome to the forum

I have a 3650 so I am not familiar with the 4512.

On the top of the "Woodworking Discussion Forum" page is a "Sticky Threads" section. The first thread is "Ridgid R4512 Table Saw: Unpacking and Assembly" Start your search here.

Enjoy your new "toy" and hope to "see" you on the site

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X