X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly/outfeed table with wheels

I would like to make my assembly/outfeed table mobile. I was wondering if locking casters would make it stable enough. I was thinking about something along the lines of what the "Herculift" does. Does anyone know of a design to raise a table to move it then lower it to make it stationary? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kelly has a outfeed/multi table on wheels, and 2 other tables that roll under it for storage. I believe he clamps his to his saw.

I would say locking casters would be enough to stop it from moving IF:

The top is laminated with Formica
    Or, use melamine for the top.

You'll want as little "Drag" as possable for any mobile table that has moving stock over it.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I know Norm in the New Yankee Workshop made an assembly table that was mobile and could be set down on its legs with the pull of a cord at each end. Maybe this design would work for you.

Assembly Table

I haven't personally built it, but I watched him build it and it doesn't seem too involved.

Comment

John's right...I added two more wheels to the big one and now no longer clamp it to the TS...the locking casters are great for making it immobile. You can see the pics on my site below under the shop links at the bottom.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I have built the table Jeff posted about. I modified it to fit in the range of my table saw height so I could use it has an outfeed table.

Eric

Comment

Working...
          X