X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Magnetic Featherboard

gee, and i felt lucky at $17 each for 4 of them! great score. they are a terrific product and almost anything tool related for $.01 is something you just can't say no to.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I was just in there again this morning and asked, they have been sold out since black Friday.

That's OK, I'm good with the one I have. To anybody else, if you're in the market don't pass it up
      as they are definitely worth the coin.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I only had time to go to one HD today and there were 3 hanging on the rack. I took one up for a price check because sticker said $35.99 and it came up a penny. The cashier said it was my lucky day. Another cashier came over and said they could only sell me one at a penny and she would remove the others. She did and set them next to her on the checkout stand. Oh well, one more is better than no more and I have at least 6 more HD's to check between now and Sunday, weekend trip to see the new Grand daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by museum_guy View Post
          I only had time to go to one HD today and there were 3 hanging on the rack. I took one up for a price check because sticker said $35.99 and it came up a penny. The cashier said it was my lucky day. Another cashier came over and said they could only sell me one at a penny and she would remove the others. She did and set them next to her on the checkout stand. Oh well, one more is better than no more and I have at least 6 more HD's to check between now and Sunday, weekend trip to see the new Grand daughter.
          go back later today or tomorrow when someone else is working the register and grab some more.
          I don't see how they can price them at a penny then selectively decide who gets them for a penny.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

they can't. when the item's price reaches $.01, managers are supposed to remove that stock from the shelves and return them to the vendor for credit. the reason they don't want to sell those items for $.01 is that it points out a manger who didn't do their job properly. a technique i've used for items that may be clearanced priced is to buy them at the self check out with other items. when the purchase is complete, i then return the full price items that i used to "disguise" the clearance priced items. works every time.

Comment

I was able to check 5 HD's, 3 in Md and 2 in Pa. Nothing, nada. I did see the rack where they're supposed to be but it was empty. I guess someone beat me to them.

Comment

now that i have a bunch of these, what have others done with the magswitches other than using them as feather boards?

Comment

duplicate posting in error.

Comment

I looked for these to reappear this Christmas as a limited time offering but no dice.

They make great gifts and I think they could sell a bunch every Chrsitmas if they ran
                    off a few thousand and got them out there by Black Friday. I bet by Christmas eve they
                    would all be gone. I would buy more if they were available, I'd like to have a second
                    one for the table saw and a third to keep at the band saw.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Bob, it appears that they are still available through the HD website and that they can be shipped free to your local HD. RIDGID MagSwitch Plastic Featherboard-AC1001 at The Home Depot#
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I never thought to look for them online, thanks Dave.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Working...
                        X