X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collectors - which one?

So, I'm ready to buy a dust collector and I've narrowed my choices down to the new Delta AP400 which replaced the 50-775, the Delta 50-840, the Jet DC-650 or the Delta 50-660 which is a 2 stage with a drum. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

John
    Eastchester, NY

John
    Spend the extra $$ and move up to the 1100 CFM units. You'll be glad you did. I run a JET DC-1100C, but the DC1100 is just as good. Upgrade the bags also. You may want to look at PennState also. Great unit.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I'm not sure what the Delta's cost but you might want to check out the Onieda's.

Michael

Comment

I like the Delta and spent a couple of extra bucks to get the remote control on/off device. It is great when I am across the shop at the lathe or just making a quick cut at the band saw.

Comment

I would love to go big, however, my detached garage/shop has one (1) 25amp circut. The TS2412 draws 13amps max, lights and the air cleaner draws about 1~2 amps, that leaves me with about 10~11 amps to work with. So, a 3/4~1hp unit is what I've got to work with. Right now I'm using a "4hp" Sears shop vac- it's REALLY LOUD and it sucks or should I say it dosen't suck enough!
          Thanks.
          John
          Eastchester, NY

Comment

Most of the units you mentioned draw around 14-15 amps. Might overload the circuit. There are a couple of generics out there. Don't know how good they really are though. Rand makes one (1hp,600-650cfm) and Professional Woodworker also (1hp,650cfm,6amps).

Comment

Thanks for everybody's input, after shopping for months, I decided on the Delta AP400. All I can say is WOW! I can't believe what a diference this makes over a shop vac. The only problem is the cheap 30 micron bags. So I called American Fabric Filter in Fl. and within 2 weeks I had an optimized 1 Micron top bag and a canvas bottom bag. I still can't believe how well this thing sucks up the saw dust from my table saw, jointer, router table and belt/spindle sander. If your still using a shop vac for dust collection, you don't know what your missing.
              John
              Eastchester, NY
              "He who is not just a little bit scared of his power tools, we call stubby" ~ John M Peragine

Comment

Working...
              X