X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 4512 Fence/Rails Upgrade

Was curious if anyone else has upgraded their rails & fence to a higher end design that actually maintains square? I've squared my OEM setup a few times, well versed in the procedure now and it holds for awhile. I believe the consumer procures a lot of tablesaw for $500 so I'm not complaining, I just considering taking it to the next level of accuracy with a product that will hold square and provide more flexibility for jigs, tenoning, etc.

Came across the VeryCoolSuperTools product which for the price seems to be a beast and I'd venture to say maybe the very best on the market at the moment.

Has anyone else upgraded to anything different than their OEM setup with this saw?

Attachment

Detachable T-Square

Attached Files

Re: RIDGID 4512 Fence/Rails Upgrade

Man this smacks of a sales pitch, which could really backfire in the long run if the product gets perceived as being run by shady characters. Apologies if I'm out in the weeds on this.

Comment

Asking fellow R4512 owners if they've upgraded their fences isn't sales pitch related, this is a small business with a decent product and am hoping others here might share some input on their fence upgrades. I'm not associated with this company in any way shape or form and provided links for their product to collaborate with others here.

Comment

In which case, it's nice to have you on board....my apologies.

Comment

I see a couple on here went with the Biesemeyer fence, decent fence with the exception of bulky clamps for jigs, etc, vs quick-fastners. I'm holding off until the first of the year prior upgrading, likely will go with the VSCT version instead of Biesemeyer. Did manage to get the RIDGID fence to stay square better meantime, hopefully it'll stay put for a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVOGOLFTANGO View Post
            Was curious if anyone else has upgraded their rails & fence to a higher end design that actually maintains square? I've squared my OEM setup a few times, well versed in the procedure now and it holds for awhile. I believe the consumer procures a lot of tablesaw for $500 so I'm not complaining, I just considering taking it to the next level of accuracy with a product that will hold square and provide more flexibility for jigs, tenoning, etc.

Came across the VeryCoolSuperTools product which for the price seems to be a beast and I'd venture to say maybe the very best on the market at the moment.

Has anyone else upgraded to anything different than their OEM setup with this saw?
            I see your question is a couple months old. It is Jan 30, 2013 as I write this reply. I had much difficulty with the split rails on my R4512. I began the search for an aftermarket fence & rail system that was 1 piece. The Biese is a "beast" as many folks will attest (and so is its price). I elected to go with the Vega Pro 40 made by VegaWoodworking(dot)com. I got a pretty good deal through Amazon for my purchase.

A word of caution if trying to use the Vega on a 4512. You will need additional holes drilled and slotted for the rear fence rail. Mine is at a machine shop right now getting the necessary additions/changes made to it. I should get it back tomorrow and be able to complete my installation. Then I'll have to start work building an extension table for the right side to accommodate the 40" rip capability. You will also have to purchase the bolts that secure the rear rail to the cast iron table. Mine are 8MM x 1.25 with 1" of thread. The front rail attaches with ASE sizes where the rear uses metric.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X