X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Stand?

Any plans or ideas for a computer stand? Like to make one for someone so that they could use a laptop in a chair or recliner.
    Maybe roll or swing out of the way when they get up.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Computer Stand?

Here's a useful idea:

Telescoping Mobile Side Table - Grandin Road

I'd extend the table top and weight the base with some plate steel hidden underneath.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

With a regular desk chair, a computer stand or desk would certainly be nice and very useful. However, in a typical "living room" chair or recliner it would difficult to design so that it would be comfortable, I think.

Problem is the arms of chair would be in the way as in many cases, the arms are higher than what a comfortable keyboard position would dictate. So, getting even a "swing-over" high enough to clear a normal arm chair or recliner, may very well place the laptop at an uncomfortably high position for most keyboard work and certainly if your were to employ a separate "mouse" device.

What I've found more useful is a simple "bean-bag" type lap desk. One wide enough to also use a mouse and mouse pad with. A side table for holding the lap-desk is very useful when not in operation or when you simply want to get and go grab another beer.

CWS

Comment

I understand the arms in the way possibility, but I would prefer the ability to swing it out of the way with every thing intact and to get up, or move, with out having to unload and close and possibly drop things,
        depending on the room I would think one could make the desk swing over the arms, and then tilt down to a comfortable level or a usable level, or leave the lap top on the desk and use a cordless key board, in ones lap,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

hey Bob!

what happened with your project? curious...
          ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
            hey Bob!

what happened with your project? curious...
            Nothing yet. I know...boring.

Comment

LOLs...it's ok
              ~~

Comment

Working...
              X