X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ridgid/Emerson make Sears parts?

Recently I ordered a replacement housing/arbor assembly for a 25-year-old Craftsman table saw, from searspartsdirect. The new parts are an exact replicate of the old ones, except:

1) The new arbor does not have that @#!!**! fillet at the end of the threads.
    2) The casting and machining is much improved over the original.

I saw a post here some time ago stating that the arbor issue had been resolved on the Ridgid saws, but I assumed that would not stretch back to a (Sears) model from a quarter-century ago. Unless, of course, Emerson still makes the replacement parts for Sears. Is that true? If so, thanks for the improvements.

Gary,

We did make the part you ordered, though we do not make any of Sears' parts currently.

Jake

Comment

Jake, carrying this a bit farther...

When I look at the parts lists/diagrams for the TS2412 at ridgidparts, they appear virtually identical to those for the 25-year-old Craftsman TS on searspartsdirect (except, of course, the Ridgid name is missing from the top of the page) AND (a big and), the prices are anywhere from 10% to 50% less. Putting 2 and 2 together, I'm guessing I could order a few more items like a new arbor nut and washer from Ridgid and save a few bucks?

Comment

You should be able to order the nut and washer from us for your Craftsman saw, but I cannot guarantee that all parts will fit in every case, as we have updated and changed many things from the Craftsman days.

Comment

Gary, Here's my take on the whole issue along with a couple of cents, it's a little long but you might find my experiences interesting.
          First off though I must compliment Jake, he does a wonderful job of staying neutral on the Craftsman/Emerson(Ridgid) situation, he deserves an atta boy or something for not bad mouthing those guys over at Sears. I on the other hand no longer spend my tool dollars there unless I must for some odd reason, so I can shoot off my mouth.
          I have an almost 20 year old Craftsman saw that has needed a part here or there in the past couple of years, in addition mine was purchased with the stamped steel extensions (not the cast ones). When I wanted to purchase the cast web extensions I determined that the Ridgid would fit my saw and I could save a bunch of $$$ in the process. They almost bolted straight on, the holes were off just a touch, as I recall I ended up drilling one new hole and enlarging 1 of the others, oh well they were less expensive and do the job I wanted. A few months ago my motor started acting up, after exhaustive research I learned the following (it helps to have relatives that work at Sears).
          When Emerson and Sears parted company Emerson sold all of the replacement parts for the Crapsman (yes I meant to spell it that way) tools to Sears, when these parts are gone........ (anyones guess is as good as mine). As far as substituting Ridgid parts from what I have been able to determine it's all a crap shoot, although the saws are very similar in appearance things are slightly different, kinda like the extensions the holes measure close with a tape measure. The current Ridgid motor on the other hand was a no go. It took several attempts and a couple of phone calls however I finally was able to turn up a replacement part number for the motor, Sears still has some in stock and I even got the last one at our local parts warehouse, it even came in an Emerson box. After everything I have learned the past few months if I hadn't bought the fancy fence last year I'm not so sure I wouldn't have owned a Ridgid TS2424 by now. But hey, I have new extensions, a very nice fence, and a new motor in a box waiting for the other one to finally give up, it's almost a new saw.
          Dave
          It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

Working...
          X