X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer Blades

I have decided to buy the RIGID jointer; but after reading all the posts I know better than to ask a question at HD. I have never used a jointer and have a simple (dumb) question. Can the blades be removed and resharpened? I have to work on a lot of extremely hard wood and expect that I may wear down the blades. If they have to be replaced does anyone have a recommendation for new blades? Thanks a lot.
    John

I throw mine away. The blades are not that expensive and if the sharening job is off a little you can have a lot of problems.

Love the jointer

Comment

You can order the blades from ridgidparts.com for about $25 or so, or you can get replacements from companies such as Freud. It is possible to either sharpen the blades yourself, or find a sharpener to do them for you if you want to save the cost of new blades.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the help.
        John

Comment

they can be sharpened with some success. the trick is to find a quality establishment and sharpen all three at the same time. i use carbide.com for all of my sharpening needs. you will find yourself buying a second set of blades as you will likely be without the ones being sharpened for about a week. also, the craftsman jointer blades are a perfect fit and are carried by most sears stores. on that note...i know hd cant carry every accessory for every tool...but they should consider carrying these blades.
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
          X