X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Super Cool Tools Fence System

Check out the versatility of this table saw fence system. If you have a Biesmeyer style fence, this is a no modification replacement. There are a bunch of videos showing what you can do with this on their website. Table Saw Fence System Made By Woodworkers, For Woodworkers

Re: Very Super Cool Tools Fence System

nice, priceis a bit high but whatever the market will bear I guess.

80/20 has all types of AL extrusions you can build stuff with.
    You can find them on eBay or on the web.

Weld up your own head for less than $200 and you're set.
    but for someone who doesn't want to go that route this is
    certaintly in line with vega or biesmeyer prices.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I thought I had a thread on here about this t-square fence system on the R4512, maybe I'm overlooking it, but yeah it's very nice, pricey, but I can't build it any less expensive. I almost ordered it few weeks back but held of for some other tools.

More I think about it, is how they can mirror image the Biesmeyer t-square design (albeit different fence) and keep it patent legal? I should have asked the designer when I had him on the phone. Does the different fence make it "game open"? Isn't this what Apple was crying about recently with their suit against Samsung and minor similarities?

Comment

Could Biesmeyer's patent have expired, like Fein Tool's Multi-Master did?

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          Could Biesmeyer's patent have expired, like Fein Tool's Multi-Master did?
          That's a good question sir. Well when I tell you I almost pulled the plug and ordered, I had the steel vendor on the phone for the square tubing & angle iron. Steel working is my forteit, woodworking is new....ish, been at it about a year now. I like building furniture and a cedar kayak is next on my list. I held off in order to procure a Dewalt 735 planer, Porter Cable 390K RO sander & this week a Grizzly G0555LX bandsaw. The bandsaw brings my woodoworking capability to a whole new level, let alone the planer. This fence, while still on my list has been put in the parking lot wish list for now.

Comment

If you are a master of molten metal, The guy doing the video on the Very Super Cool tools web site basically showed you how to build your own. I wonder if you can build it much cheaper than he is offering?

Comment

I didn't know his name until I saw him and his manufacturing partner on the Very Super Cool tools website. I've known him for at least a couple of years as "Askwoodman" from his youtube woodworking channel. He has made about a bazillion videos on woodworking techniques, problems, etc. I've certainly learned a thing or two from watching some of his videos. He's good at explaining his technique at the same time he is doing it, rather than talk you to death for 9 minutes, then demonstrate in the last minute. The guy is practical, down to earth, no million dollar shop full of high dollar tools and jigs. He really pours his experience into his videos, and I appreciate that. His woodworking tips are little treasures for hobbyists, or professional woodworkers not in the business for 20 plus years. A straight shooter on what works for him, and consequently, some of which works pretty well for me also. He made a full series of videos showing how he developed his new fence system. Doesn't surprise me he would give it away like that. He seems very unselfish in his videos. Not trying to promote his products. He doesn't know me from Adam. When I find good value, like his videos, it's worth sharing. I wish him the best, and hope he finds time to do more videos.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                If you are a master of molten metal, The guy doing the video on the Very Super Cool tools web site basically showed you how to build your own. I wonder if you can build it much cheaper than he is offering?
                Seen all of his instructional vids on building it month back, the average to highly talented fabricators couldn't really build this for much less (key word "much) than it sells, certainly not worth my time to build it. Too busy building furniture, motise & tenon jigs, the list goes on...

Comment

Working...
                X