X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band saw blades

Need to do some re-saw of some 3 inch mahogany boards. looking to cut into 3/4". What blade would be best for re-sawing?

Re: Band saw blades

The Wood Slicer series of blades available from Highland Woodworking in my opinion are the best for re sawing. Nice clean cuts that need little or no planing or sanding. I use them for cutting 6" hard maple into 1/2 inch boards for jewelry boxes.

Their a link to their web site is Woodworking Tools | Wood Working Supplies.

Bill

Comment

Do you have the Ridgid BS? If so then I'd suggest using no more than a ½" wide blade with 3 or 4 TPI. I use and like the Lenox blades sold by Woodcraft Bands. Their prices are very competitive and their customer service is second to none, very knowledgeable.

Another good company is Iturra Design. Louis Iturra is another very knowledgeable and helpful guy, he will spend many many minutes with you on the phone answering any and all questions you may have. Iturra Design doesn't have a website buy you can call them at 904-642-2802. From what I read, Louis sells the same blade as the WoodSlicer but he calls it the Bladerunner and sells it for less than Highland. I can't say for sure if that is true or not as I've never priced out the WoodSlicer but that is what others claim is the case.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Do you have the Ridgid BS? If so then I'd suggest using no more than a ½" wide blade with 3 or 4 TPI. I use and like the Lenox blades sold by Woodcraft Bands. Their prices are very competitive and their customer service is second to none, very knowledgeable.

Another good company is Iturra Design. Louis Iturra is another very knowledgeable and helpful guy, he will spend many many minutes with you on the phone answering any and all questions you may have. Iturra Design doesn't have a website buy you can call them at 904-642-2802. From what I read, Louis sells the same blade as the WoodSlicer but he calls it the Bladerunner and sells it for less than Highland. I can't say for sure if that is true or not as I've never priced out the WoodSlicer but that is what others claim is the case.

Dave, I'm speaking with Louis at this moment, learning all about Sharptech Blade (Bladerunner) from Atlanta, GA and just ordered a couple blades he suggested. My new Grizzly G0555LX arrived yesterday, all put together and figured I'd get some good blades. Have a 1/4 6 TPI 93-1/2" blade (their general brand) and a Bladerunner specialty 3/4" 3-4 variable for resawing. I can't say enough good things about Louis, nice guy and honestly he kept me from buying more than I needed. So thank you for sharing this information with us.

Comment

Visit BandSaw Blades Online - Custom Welded Band Saw Blades . They will happily assist you in getting your needs.

Comment

Working...
          X