X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Fence on TS-3650

I've had my 3650 for about two years now. Just a few days ago I noticed that I when locked the fence down that it was in no way parallel to the table. The rear part of the fence was off at least 1/4 of an inch. When I line up the fence with the mitre guage slot it is very apparent (the rear part of the fence is farther away from the blade than the front part of the fence). I have a couple of ideas on how to fix it, but I'd like to hear some opinions of those who have more experience before I try to hack at it. Thanks

There are very explicit and easy to follow instructions on how to adjust your fence in your Owners Manual. Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to get it aligned again.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Do you think it is just typical for it to get out of whack over time? Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't say that its "typical" that it goes out of alignment over time. Alot may depend on the circumstances that the saw receives when its not being used as a saw. If the saw is used as a storage area or an assembly area for instance, the fence could be subject to some banging around which could cause the fence to go out of alignment.

Personally, I check the alignment of my blade and fence every six months or so and so far, in almost 3 years of use, I have yet to have to make an adjustment on the fence of my 3612.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Ok, I have checked the manual and I don't see a way to adjust the fence. I watched a video from a woodworking site that stated how the adjustment I might be looking for could be found on the fence itself, but I struck out again. I don't see what I'm supposed to adjust on the fence to true it up. More help please

Comment

page 35 clearly tells you how to adjust the fence parrelel to the miter slot.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'll check it again. I was looking in the adjustment section. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X