Jig Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jig Saw

Hi I'm new to this forum and I would like your help if you can.
    I'm in the market for a new Jig Saw. I have it down to 2 saw's the Ridgid 3120 or the Bosch 1590 EVSK. I like the Ridgid for the duct collection and it is in stock at the HD. The Bosch I only read good reviews and have not seen it. I would have to order it. But I'm sure it would be good as the rest of bosch tools are. Also I would like to know if the Ridgid 3120 takes the Bosch blades.
    I'm replacing a old Skil of 10 years young. Thank you for you help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Ridgid takes the Bosch blades and all others except the ones with the "L" shaped ends. The quick release toolless blade changing works great. I have even used broken blades in a pinch. Both saws share many features and the Ridgid has a 3 year warranty.

Comment

When I was shopping for a new jig saw I too was up in the air about which one to buy. I was able to try out most of the saws in my list and finally went with the Bosch. I have not regretted it a single day since. The biggest reason was the saw cut straight, which most of the competition did not do. The Delta was second on my list but drifted which I had to compensate for even with a progressor blade. If I had to do it over again, I would choose the Bosch. It is a proven tool with all the power and features that I could want. Before you decide on the Ridgid for availability see if your local HD will let you try out the display model on a piece of scrap you bring in. Our's does, at least for the larger floor tools. You will get a better idea of how the saw performs.
      I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

Either saw would be a good choice, I chose the Ridgid. The Bosch has a nicer tool-less bevel change system. I would definetly take G.W.'s advice and try them both on the same peice of wood before you decide

Comment

Sorry, I lied on my last post. The Dewalt, not the Delta was second on my list. It did drift though. I was eyeing the Dewalt as it accepts both universal and T-blades. The Bosch does not. It is no fun to need blades in the middle of no where an have the only hardware store for miles only have universal blades. I just make sure I have plenty of blades at all times.

Comment

I have to say thank you for your help. I tryed the Ridgid R3120 at HD and it was night and day better then my old skil. Almost bought it on the spot but wanted to try the bosch. Then I want to the Tool Outet and tryed the Bosch 1590 EVSK. It was about the same as the Ridgid but felt lighter and had a better blade replacement and blade guide system that made it easier to cut stright. Then I tryed the Festool PS300EQ. It was the same as the bosch in cutting stright and curves but lighter in weight but heavy in Dollars. As much as I like the Festool I could not see that much diffance if any to justify the dollars. So I'm a proud owner of a new Bosch 1590 EVSK.

Comment

Glad to see you got a tool that will make you happy for years to come. I love my Bosch. One thing to do to make it or any other jig saw better. Bosch Progressor blades. IMHO there is no finer blade on the market. You will immediately notice a difference, even on the Bosch saw. Enjoy making sawdust.

[ 03-18-2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: G.W. ]

Comment

I also have the Bosch. It's great!! I also recommend ordering their edge guide/circle cutter. It's the best one I've ever used.

Comment

I agree Bosch is good.
                  I would recommend Hitachi. As good as Bosch. About 30% cheaper. It takes Bosch U-shank blades.

Comment

During the 20% off tool sale, I bought the Bosch, B&D *and* Ridgid !!! Got turned on by the 20% off sale, couldn't decide on the spot, so just bought them all!! (ok, I returned two off them later)

The BEST cut was made by Bosch - it was simply the smoothest and straightest and a joy to use. B&D was a toy - not a serious tool - although at 1/3 the price is a contender if you don't plan to use it a lot. Ridgid was feature rich, warranty rich and the cuts were good - not great.

The tipping point for me was the ease of blade change. Bosch simply drove me nuts. I mean, it was an asinine procedure to change blades. Althgouh I saw an ad in the latest WOOD magazine that they have a new model with toolless blade change. TO me that was the deal breaker that made me select Ridgid I simply didn't want to hold the blade twist it 90 degrees and turn a knob 3 times at every blade change!!!

As another poster said, teh Bosch blades were EXCELLENT! Ridgid accepts them. HD carries a blade set for $20 that covers all my needs.

Hope this helps.

Subbu

Comment

I have had both a Bosch and DeWalt. DeWalt wound up giving me my money back when they couldn't fix my saw and the new one they gave me was also defective. I bought the Bosch and have been happy since.

Comment

Working...
                      X