X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark Guard Blade Guard and DC on 3650

Wonder if any members have the shark guard on their Ridgid 3650 and would share how you see it as a better solution outside of DC over the standard guard and splitter system.

Re: Shark Guard Blade Guard and DC on 3650

I bet that if you went on the WoodNet Forums you'd get some answers.
    Joe Spear

Comment

did not even know what a "shark gaurd" was untill I jsut looked it up, my guard is jsut like the one Norm Abram used in his show, it looks like if you want a guard it could be a better than average unit,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I don't own but looking at it on their website I can see no distinctive advantage that their blade guard and splitter offer over the one that came with the saw. As you stated, the dust port is a plus but I'm not sure if that particular feature is worth the pushing $200 price tag.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

There were one or two who had the Shark Guard on their 3650 who were on this forum a while back. I don't remember who they were but if you do some searches on Shark Guard they should turn up. But save yourself some aggrevation and use Google to search the Ridgid forums, the forum search engine is broke and no one want sto fix it it seems.

In the google search box, type

ridgidforum sharkguard

and see what you get.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Very popular item. I would buy an overarm guard instead, however. Check out excalibur overarm guards.

Comment

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
              Very popular item. I would buy an overarm guard instead, however. Check out excalibur overarm guards.
              True. I had talked to Lee about an overarm system a few years back when I had my 3650.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X