Should I try this again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I try this again?

" I have been a critic of the cordless line b/c of the number of complaints and the price. I saw this kit,12v drill & angle driver and thought for $130 I would try it. I called Ridgid CS and they say that the kit does not even exist????
    box # R900
    Drill chuck wobble is the worst I have seen, I even have several RYOBI'S, that are way better. A good design on the drill, very poor build on the chuck/spindle.
    Then,I drive 1 screw and the driver quits working in varable speed, only on/off.
    I have 2 MAKITA 12v impact drivers and they never give me a problem,but the are not an angle design. That is why I bought this.
    For those buying this kit,I would check them before going home, now I have to return them.
    This is HF quality! Come on Ridgid, where is the QC?"
    I posted this in the response to another forum question.

Does anyone have an opinion with these tools?

ANDREW, I HAVE BOTH OF THE TOOLS THAT YOU MENTIONED. I KNOW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF COMPLAINTS WITH THE DRILL CHUCK WOBBLE, BUT I DON'T SEE IT. IN FACT WITH THE COST OF THE 12 VOLT 1/2'' DRILL BEING DROPPED TO 49. A NUMBER OF MONTHS AGO, I TRACKED DOWN 4 OF THEM. NONE HAVE THE WOBBLE THAT OTHERS SPEAK ABOUT. I DID ASK ONE OF THE H.D. TOOL GUYS I KNOW FROM THE STORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC. HE STATED THAT THE CHUCK NEEDED TO BE TIGHTENED ON THE ARBOR. REMEMBER THERE IS ALSO A LEFT HAND THREADED SCREW INSIDE THE CHUCK TO KEEP THE CHUCK FROM UNSCREWING WHEN RUN IN REVERSE.
    I WOULD TRY TO REMOVE THIS SCREW AND REINSTALL THE CHUCK. ALSO YOU CAN CHECK FOR WOBBLE WITH THE CHUCK REMOVED. IT SHOULD BE A 1/2'' THREAD. YOU CAN EXTEND THE ARBOR LENGTH WITH A ROD COUPLING AND A BOLT TO WATCH FOR WOBBLE. ALSO A DIFFERENT CHUCK MIGHT GIVE DIFFERENT RESULTS. I CAN'T PICTURE THE WOBBLE COMING FROM THE ARBOR.
    THE 1/4'' IMPACT DRIVER I'VE USED VERY LIMITED. IT STILL HAS VARIABLE SPEED.
    RICK

Comment

The drill is not 1/2" but the 3/8" one. The arbor shaft seems to be ok,it appears to be the chuck.
      About the angle driver:How can the switch burn out on one sheet metal screw that I hardly tightened,the bumper screw on the work-n-haul stand?

[ 07-30-2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Benedetto ]

Comment

Working...
      X