Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid 12" Compound Sliding Miter Saw Discontinued?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 12" Compound Sliding Miter Saw Discontinued?

I was planning to get my father a Ridgid 12" compound sliding miter saw for Christmas but went into 2 different stores last night and was told they thought the model had been discontinued. I see online it says available "online only." Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a new model coming out? I'm wondering if I should order it online or develop a plan B. I didn't want to order it if there was a problem with the saw or they are going to have a better one next week. Thanks!

Re: Ridgid 12" Compound Sliding Miter Saw Discontinued?

Buy him a Makita or DeWalt, he'll be much happier with one of those. I'm fairly certain the 12" Ridgid slider has been discontinued, probably due to the accuracy issues that many owners claimed it had.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I second that... get the dewalt, they might have a few left for the 399.99. I want the Bosch glide saw, but dang its pricy!

Comment

Which Dewalt? I want a the dual bevel compound sliding...the ones I have seen are far more expensive than $399. The Bosch is nice and I honestly lean towards Makita since I have heard mixed reviews on the Dewalt. I personally have a Festool, but $1300 is a little much for a Christmas present!

Comment

I looked on Amazon and I see a DW716, DW718, and a DWS780....all say 12 inch compound sliding miter. I can't tell much difference between them...any help is appreciated!

Comment

The DW716 is a double bevel NON sliding miter saw (I have one). The DW718 is a dual bevel sliding compound miter. The DWS780 is a newer version of the 718.

Comment

I would Go with the Makita 12" LS1216L Myself. I have had mine for 4 years. No complaints. I use it for framing Finishing carpentry and woodworking. Must quieter than any saw that is belt driven!
              Andy B.

Comment

Working...
              X