No announcement yet.

TS2424-0 VS TS2424-1

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424-0 VS TS2424-1

I am looking to purchase a new table saw on Friday (tomorrow). I like the TS2424, but while I was researching it, I found there are 2 models of the TS2424. What is the difference between TS2424-0 and TS2424-1?
    If someone knows, please let me know.

I am wanting a table saw that can grow with me. Can the TS2424 expand right and back both rail and top?

I have one other Rigid tool in my shop that I am pleased with its performance. So I hope the answers on the TS2424 fit my needs.

I have a TS2424-0. The differences on the -1 I know of are the new Herculift mobile base and the micro-adjust rear trunnion. Both better than the -0. I would be a little surprised if you found a -0 for sale new, the -1 has been out a fair while.

I'm afraid I don't understand the expansion question?

Thank you for your reply. On the extentions I was wondering if the rails and top could be extended out to the side. I found out that the rails could but not the top. I went a head and purched the TS2424. It took me a wile to set it up but for what I have used it for it works great.

Thanks again,

I don't think you will regret the purchase of the 2424. I am new to woodworking and so far have been very pleased with it. I especially like the Herc-u-lift. Makes things a lot easier in my small basement shop. Dave

If yopu are talking about moving the fence rails to the right to increase the ripping capacity, the answer is yes. I have made this modification to mine and I highly recommend it. You will need to make a new side table, this is important, otherwise the rails will compress when you lock the fence. I have a section on my web site that gives details about how to make this change, if you are interested. the address is I have plans for the side table in AutoCAD, if you would like them e-mail and I will send them to you.

-Rob<br /> <a href=\"\" target=\"_blank\"></a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Thanks Rob,

I have looked at your site before, if we all had a shop like that. Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind. All I do is make chairs and fix things around the house. so that tweek may be a little tuff for me right now.

Once again you guys got that answer out before me.

The -0 was the older model, the current model is a -1 (its actually a TS2424LS due to a promotion running right now)