X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Clamps

I noticed the last time I was in HD that they no longer carry any Jorgensen Cabinetmaster or their lighter duty bar clamps. All they have now is the Irwin quick clamps. The Pony spring clamps and pipemclamps are gone too. Must not of moved that well. I don't know how long ago they made that move, I would have picked up a few more but someone must have bought them all up pretty quick as I am in there at least once a week.

There are other make cabinet clamps just as good, HD does not have them though. Lowes has Bessey line, but I have a number of Jorgersen and would like them to all be the same
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Bar Clamps

Jorgensen Cabinet Master - Google Search
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I know they are still available. I am just surprised they are no longer for sale locally. HD was the only place you could buy them around here. My not so local WoodCraft does not carry them, and neither Lowes nor any local hardware store has them.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

Check Craigslist. Friend of mine bought a bunch of Jorgensen's off of Craigslist a while ago. Husband died and widow was selling his stuff. She obviously had some help with the pricing because it wasn't a steal nor was the price retail. He said that it was very fair price.

Comment

WoodNet Forums: What's going on with Jorgenson
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I can get by with the numerous clamps of various types and sizes I have now. I've
            never counted but probably have close to a hundred between all types and sizes.
            But I would not have passed up a chance to pick up a few more CabinetMaster clamps
            if the pricing was attractive to me. I would like to have another pair of 24" clamps to
            give me four of them. Other than that I am fine with what I have. I mainly brought the
            topic up to see if anyone knew why HD had dropped the line from their stores.

Cabinet Master - 90 Degree Parallel Steel Bar Clamp
            ---------------
            ---------------
            ---------
            ---------

Comment

We were just in the Binghamton-area (NY) store the other day and noticed that almost everything they now carry is "contractor-oriented", with very few, if any, woodworker specific tools. They did have a couple of the Ridgid large table saws still in the box, but no display or even signage. No planer, jointer, drill presses, etc. EVERYTHING, is now for the home "renno" market.

I find myself going to Home Depot less and less, and even those visits are too much at times. Store seems to be going downhill rapidly. Even the lumber area is not condusive to making a sale, as their board aisle is now very narrow and usually crammed with floor stuff which blocks getting a cart into the aisle. Sheet goods and 2 x stock is suitable for rough framing. I think the focus is on the DIY building and building repair trade and that's about it. From what I've seen, even the Pro trades, have better places to buy from though.

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Bob, HD still shows them as available on their website. Free shipping on a $45 or larger order so you wouldn't have to pay a premium if you ordered a couple of the 24"ers.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  Bob, HD still shows them as available on their website. Free shipping on a $45 or larger order so you wouldn't have to pay a premium if you ordered a couple of the 24"ers.
                  Thanks Dave, a pair of those in 24" will meet the free shipping minimum. I may do that.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Working...
                  X