Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Vacuum Systems

Dear Folks:

I am trying to buy the components for the RIDGID central vac system. Does RIDGID still make and sell these? If not, who has some pars they want to sell me? THANKS!

Re: Central Vacuum Systems

I dont know if they make this anymore but i found an installation diagram and part numbers

http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/DC50500.pdf

It looks like they are basic whole house vacuum parts used with a 'shop vac' style of vacuum cleaner.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Reptileman,

Welcome to Ridgid forum

I believe Ridgid dropped this product several years ago (the plastic tubes, fittings, gates, etc.), and had dropped the actual dust collector even years before that. I am of the opinion that it never got picked up when the new Ridgid tool line was taken over under the TTI agreement in 2003.

However, here is a similar product which I think is even better and a bit more complete... IF you want to buy this sort of thing in a "kit": Lee Valley Tools - Important Announcement

This is designed (IMO) for use with a shop vac. While it certainly is a bit handier than wheeling a shop vac from one machine to another, it isn't nearly as efficient as using a dedicated "dust collector" and using 4" ducting, hose, etc. There are many different suppliers of "dust collectors". If you check Penn States Industries, they even have a catalog, the last I knew. I only mention them because I used to get their catalog on a regular basis, but since I never bought from them, that naturally stopped. Dust Collection at Penn State Industries

I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

Some people I know speak highly of this company:

Grizzly.com - Dust Collection
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Or you could build your own using 2" pvc pipe and drainage fittings. A system this size (2" with a shop vac) is only practical for a limited system for one or two tools closely located in my opinion.

Look at the small dust collector systems that Rockler sells as well as Penn State.

When you started this threzd I thought you were looking into a whole house central vac system by your thread title. We have one in our house and I have often thought of putting an onieda mini cyclone in line before the vacuum which is located in the garage to collect the dust and dirt from the house and save the filter in the vacuum unit.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
          X