Bandsaw Motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw Motors

I bought the Ridgid 14" bandsaw and the 6" jointer/planer the other day and noticed the jointer had a 1hp motor on it. The bandsaw only has a 3/4 hp motor on it and I called the store where I bought the machines and asked them if I could get a 1hp motor for my bandsaw and they told me that it would void my warrenty if I put the 1hp motor on it. My question is why would it void the warrenty? They didn't have a bandsaw in stock yet so I haven't even got it yet.I would pay the difference between the motors but why would it void my warrenty if I haven't even got it yet? Donny

We do not have a 1 horse motor available for the BS1400. Though I am sure the unit is strong enough to handle a one horse motor, we have not tested and proven it as such, so I cannot recommend doing so.

Jake

Comment

Jake, If you need someone to test the bandsaw with the 1 hp motor I would be happy to help. Just let me know when and where to pick it up.

Comment

Jake,What would be the best size of blade for resawing on the BS1400? I wouldn't be useing the riser block.It's 5" cherry. I went to HD today and bought a 1/2" blade but haven't tried it out yet.The salesperson at HD said the 1/2" was better than the 3/4" for that.I thought wider was better.What's your opinion?
        Donny

Comment

Don,

I'm not sure it will make a hugh difference between 1/2" and 3/4". What will make more of a difference is tooth count, I'd recommend a 3 TPI blade for resawing.

Jake

Comment

js is onthe right track. but blade with is important. yes a properly tentioned 3/4 blade will yield a better cut then a 1/2 when resawing. and i too say that 3 tpi with that size of board is good. its also a mater of the bandsaw itself. the wider the blade the more tention it needs. so if your bandsaw is capable of tentioning a 3/4 blade use it if not stick with a 1/2" blade.

Comment

Working...
            X