Sanding wooden floors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding wooden floors

Hello. I am wondering,how was wooden floors sanded and refinished before electric sanders became the tool to use.

Does anyone here know?

Re: Sanding wooden floors

hand scraped, with what would have looked like a paint type scraper, if one ever gets on a old floor that was not sanded, and start to sand it will sand like a new solid wood floor, that needs to be finished. what I am saying it is not flat like a sanded floor is,

If you look at the new pre finished floors most are beveled edges, so one can not tell if there floor is level or smooth or flat or not, .

https://www.floorstoyourhome.com/blo...wood-flooring/

most scraping to day is to help remove some finishes that will gum up belts/sheets in seconds on sanding machines,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      hand scraped, with what would have looked like a paint type scraper, if one ever gets on a old floor that was not sanded, and start to sand it will sand like a new solid wood floor, that needs to be finished. what I am saying it is not flat like a sanded floor is,

If you look at the new pre finished floors most are beveled edges, so one can not tell if there floor is level or smooth or flat or not, .

https://www.floorstoyourhome.com/blo...wood-flooring/

most scraping to day is to help remove some finishes that will gum up belts/sheets in seconds on sanding machines,
      Thanks for the information,now and again I try methods of repair that are no longer being used just to get an ideal of how things used to be , and might be again if the power fails.

Comment

BHD, It looks like you have an echo on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          BHD, It looks like you have an echo on this forum.
          And a very immature one at that.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
          X