Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with excessive kick-back on TS2424

Hi

I just purchased the TS2424 about 2 wks ago and am having a lot of problems with the blade tearing the wood as well as excessive kickback. I have realigned the blade and the fence and am out by only 0.02. Can this be enough to be causing the kick-back or could it be the fence rails?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lisa

Lisa: first make sure that the blade is absolutely parellel to the miter gauge slot. The manual will show you how to do this. Next , align the rip fence, easiest way to to this is along the miter gauge slot also. Next , make sure that the splitter and anti-kickback fingers are installed properly, and that the table insert is flush with the table face. That should be about it. Watch your feed rate, and make sure that you're using the correct blade for the job. Hope this helps..........Dawg [img]smile.gif[/img]
    He who dies with the most power tools wins!

Comment

Basicly do as Dawg has suggested. 20 thousandths is a lot for a fence to be out. you should be able to get both the blade and and the fence within 4 or 5 thousandths.

Jake

Comment

Lisa,

Did you mean .02 or .002? .002 is ok, .02 is bad, especially if it is closed (ie .02 closer to the blade at the back). I have mine set so that it is open .002, and have no problems at all. If if is at all closed it will pinch the piece between the fence and blade, and quite possible throw it back at you at a high rate of speed (DAMHIKT)

-Rob
        -Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

Working...
        X