X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Router: Setting plunge depth

I just bought a new rigid router combo. I am unsure of how to set the depth on the plunger base.

Thanks

Re: Rigid Router: Setting plunge depth

Curious...does it not come with an instruction manual or is it one of those with an 'online manual' ?
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

R29302
      http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/5DDC282...00_786_eng.pdf

R2930
      http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/828DF07...trilingual.pdf
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

I presume you have the R29302 model. I just checked the manual that BHD was kind enough to post the link. Check page 14, it gives a very good explanation.

It is almost the same on the earlier R2900, which it the model that I have. Pretty straight forward with setting the depth/stop bar. The rotating cap-like base allows quick setting changes in 1/64 th increments. That's a nice feature as I usually do an initial route to remove most of the material and then a second pass slightly deeper (1/16th or less) for my finish route.

Question though: I haven't seen the two-base set in quite some time... how did you manage to find that?

CWS

Comment

The R29302 in the US has been discontinued as far as I've been able to tell. Asked at 3 local stores last year and was told they wouldn't be getting anymore in. Not a problem though for me.. I travel up to Canada several times a year and they still carry the R29302. Its been 25 years since I even touched a router but picked up a R29302 last fall and I'm just not getting around to playing with it. Hopefully have time to build a table for it in my R4512 table saw this week.

RIDGID | RIDGID Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit | Home Depot Canada

Comment

I was just in one of my local (Corning, NY) stores last week and they still had it on display and on the shelf... though it may simply be inventory that they haven't clearanced yet. (That particular store seems to do that, getting the top price until whatever inventory is gone, even when it's "old" being replaced with something "new" which they hold from display.) I'll have to check the other store that I visit regularly to see if they have it.

However, as mentioned earlier, I haven't seen the "combo" 2-base router in at least a couple of years now.

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X