X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 Replacement Blades

Just curious if the blades for Ridgid's 3 bladed thickness planer would work in the TP1300. The 1300 2 blade replacement packs no longer seem to be available locally, but the 3 blade replacements are...hence the question.

TIA,
    Scott

Re: TP1300 Replacement Blades

No, they are NOT interchangable. The new 3-blade packs are narrower than the old blades and thus will not properly fit into the cutter head slots.

When the newer planer was introduced, Home Depot issued a policy to all the stores that they should maintain a stock of both blade sets. In the beginning, the 2-blade sets disappeared almost instantly and it took awhile for some stores to restock to the "policy" mentioned. However, I'm not sure how long that "policy" was to be followed and if it may now, no longer be in effect.

You could check with the service desk to see what is going on there (I haven't seen them in my two local stores either, BTW). The old two blade packs were identified by Ridgid # AC8630, with a SKU# US 358-845.

If you can't get them without paying some hindering shipping cost, you could try other sources (the only one I can think of at the moment would be Grizzly.com , though I'm sure there must be many others.

In case you didn't already know, the blades are double edged, so can be reversed. They are not re-sharpable!

I hope this helps,

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Re: TP1300 Replacement Blades

Here's a set that ships for free, Powertec.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X