Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal ganged shaper for making panel doors for cabinets,

a good number of years ago I made a horizontal shaper,

I saw a RBI panel master flyer, one day and thought that sounds like a good Idea, so I went down to the metal shop and constructed my own version of it,

basically it is a 1 1/8" shaft that was turned down to 3/4" shaft with thread on the end,

the basic construction is two flat plates 6" wide that the bearing are attached to, the small size, the bearing is clamped into the shaft with the cutters and spacers, the pulley end is then locked with an eccentric locking collar, the pulley can be slid to align the pulley, the fences are wood and have adjustments but most is the construction of the fence, and all cutters have bearing rub collars,

all cuts are made in one pass,
    Attached Files
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: Horizontal ganged shaper for making panel doors for cabinets,

a few more pictures showing some more of the details of the unit, very simple and I think much safer than a regular shaper,

the only draw back one can not make arched doors on this machine, I think one could be made easily to do that but this one does not, for the arched, I will set up on my floor shaper and cut the arched parts on it, currently, (no this is not a quick tear down or set up unit, changing patterns is not simple). but have made what at nearly hundred doors using this machine and few problems with the wood or the machine and it function,

personally I think if I was going to set a second profile I would build another machine,

once parts are cut about 2 Min's to make the cuts for a door and the nicest thing is all three cutters are set up at once, and you can make all or part of the door and then come back and do it again with out reseting up,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BHD; 03-07-2013, 03:00 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Horizontal ganged shaper for making panel doors for cabinets,

Do you have my shipping address? I will pay the freight!

Comment

Working...
      X