X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frameless 32mm cabinets

I built a variation of 32mm frameless cabinets for 20 years before retiring. We used the features we liked and ignored the rest. As for the ten commandments, that's so constraining I don't see anyone using that except mega manufacturers who might build hundreds of like modules for nation wide distribution. We built cabinets of any size, width, height and depth, without regard to multiples of 32mm. My crew preferred to work with inch and fraction measurements so I drew all cabinets that way. Door and drawer fronts can be any height with in reason.

I like the look of frameless flush overlay construction with its uniform narrow gaps between doors and drawers as opposed to the varying wide gaps and visible seams when modularizing face frame cabinets. One big advantage we liked was using a 32mm line drill to locate the hardware mounting screws precisely so that doors just snapped on and drawer slides and shelf supports were always parallel. We installed hardware with the panels on the work bench before assembly of cabinet.

Re: Frameless 32mm cabinets

You write in past tense like you're not building cabinets any longer, does that mean you have no connection to

http: // schmitt32. com ??

If you want to promote your companys' web site (if that's what you're up to), then just come right out and say so.
    And if you are not then you picked a strange handle to use on the forum I think.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Interesting concept, and it looks like it works well, and is reasonable fast, but rather than beat around the bush just come out and tell what your after,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I watched the video, and I see the slots on the guide,
        Does the router base lock into the guide?
        How does it index, is there a postive stop? or is it jsut a line up on the guide? and if there is a postive stop how does one disingage the stop?
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

My reason for joining this forum is to help me make a decision whether to invest more time and money in building an inventory of product and then aggressively promoting and marketing my patent allowed invention, or to write off the project as not commercially viable and move on. My system is designed for the smaller professional cabinet shop that is building frameless cabinets who has not already spent thousands for some other drilling system. In my area of Wisconsin I don't find many small shops building frameless cabinets, and am am interested to know what's going on in other parts of the country.

Comment

IMO, one thing that would help in selling to the advanced DIY or small shop, is a universal router base of some type, for an example If I have to add $230 to make the system work even to test it out, I would proceed with caution, but if I can buy it and use my PC or other router that I all ready have, I would be more likely to buy the unit, to see how much I liked it,

it looks like your price is more than competive in comparsion to the LR32 system, and simpler to use,
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

face frame or frameless

When I look at new kitchen displays at home centers and in home remodeling magazines I'm seeing mostly flush overlay style construction. 1/8 inch to possibly 3/8 inch gaps between doors, and between doors and drawer fronts across the face of the cabinet group. This is the typical look of frameless cabinets. Think about that.

Comment

Working...
              X