concealed hinges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concealed hinges

Euro style concealed hinges with their full 3 way door alignment adjustability, using only their built in cam screws, are so easy to install using line drilled holes and a simple home made drill press jig that I think everyone would find them advantageous.

Drawer slides that screw on perfectly aligned and located using accurately placed holes in cabinet sides makes their installation easy.

I'm hoping to hear from lots of cabinet maker people and smaller two to three man cabinet and furniture shops to see how many of you use 32mm line drilling and why or why not.
    Last edited by schmitt32linedrill; 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM.

Re: concealed hinges,adjustable,32mm,drawer slide alignment,

Schmitt32,

I operate a small one person custom cabinet shop.

I use "Euro" hinges on nearly all my cabinet doors, unless there is a design reason not to. The cam adjustments are handy and work very well. My customers like them a lot. I'm not sure if I "line drill" the holes. I simply use my drill press and a fence to ensure hinge hole alignment and depth stop. I use self-centering bits when installing the hinge screws and I use a level/straight edge to ensure hinge-to-hinge alignment on the door.

I use several types of drawer slides. I have various alignment jigs I employ when building cabinets that include drawers. I have found that there are a limited number of drawer size combinations and my jigs cover these combinations. Without the jigs...or a rock solid carpenters square draw, slide alignments can be tricky.

It was hard for me to know exactly what your root question was shooting for however, I hope this provides you with something that helps you with your search for information.
    george

Comment

I my self am not impressed with the cup hinges, I set up my drill press some what like Schmitt32's video shows, and the install was not bad once set up, the adjustment is nice, (now maybe I had the wrong hinges), but if you have much of a decorative edge the cup and the edge can get very thin or not work, besides concealment, I my self could not see much of an advantage on a face frame cabinet, on a face frame-less I would use them as there not much else out there, that works well with out a lot of work,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I found Schmitt's video on YouTube last night.

I was impressed by the 32mm Line Drilling Jig. Its ability to align accurate and, more importantly, repeatable hole locations in cabinet sides for shelves, drawer slides, and hinges is outstanding. My shop is small and the number of cabinets I produce each year don't support me purchasing one. However, my brother-in-law builds Portable Cabins from his factory in Northeastern Oregon and having a jig such as this could be a welcome addition in his cabinet assembly station.

I can see now that I wasn't providing any new information to Schmitt32 in my original reply. Where did you get your line drilling jig?
        george

Comment

Originally posted by george3612 View Post
          I found Schmitt's video on YouTube last night.

I was impressed by the 32mm Line Drilling Jig. Its ability to align accurate and, more importantly, repeatable hole locations in cabinet sides for shelves, drawer slides, and hinges is outstanding. My shop is small and the number of cabinets I produce each year don't support me purchasing one. However, my brother-in-law builds Portable Cabins from his factory in Northeastern Oregon and having a jig such as this could be a welcome addition in his cabinet assembly station.

I can see now that I wasn't providing any new information to Schmitt32 in my original reply. Where did you get your line drilling jig?
          george
          George:

Thanks for your positive feedback.

I actually invented and patented the drilling jigs shown as the Schmitt32 and the Schmitt32Mini line drilling systems.

I am producing and selling them. You can go to my website, Affordable 32mm line drilling for hinges, drawer slides, and adjustable shelves. affordable line drilling and get more info, or contact me.

Thanks
          Art Schmitt

Comment

Working...
          X