X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r4511 belt replacement

If I want to replace my belt with a power twist lock belt do I need to replace the pulleys?

Re: r4511 belt replacement

I believe that your saw has one of those poly-v belts with a number of ridges that fit into multiple grooves in the pulleys. Is the power twist lock belt you write of one of those made up of numerous links that hook together? If so, yes, you will have to replace the pulleys with the more conventional kind. My next question is: Why would you want to do that? The standard equipment poly-v belt is actually superior to the twist belt in this application. If yours is worn or otherwise defective, get the same kind to replace it. The link belt may be good in some cases for replacing a standard driver belt, but not on your saw. I used to have a Ridgid 3612 and found the poly-v belt to be an excellent drive belt--if, of course, both pulleys were aligned properly.
    Joe Spear

Comment

Originally posted by ggordon View Post
      If I want to replace my belt with a power twist lock belt do I need to replace the pulleys?
      Yes but why would you want to? The OEM serpentine belt is a better deal than link belts anyways.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
        X