X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4510 fence adjustments

Hi. This is my first post, have done a fair bit of reading and lots of good info here!

I have the R4510. I bought it a couple of years ago but have not used it much. (I bought a Festool track saw about a month after I bought the table saw) I have been having issues with the fence on the saw and am looking for some ideas....
    I know this saw is not "cabinet" grade, but it has taken quite a bit of time to get the fence squared up, and keep it that way. Today (while adjusting the fence again) I noticed that although I have it squared up to the blade and the miter gauge slot, the fence itself is not sitting square from the bottom to the top with regards to the saw table. It is not out by much (1/32 or so) but don't really see a way to adjust this....My concern is if I decide to make an aux. fence that is taller, it may transfer some errors.....Also, can a different fence be purchased for this saw that is more accurate, or am I just expecting too much from this model. I bought this saw as it can be stored away in the garage when not in use.
    Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I hope I've explained the issue clearly...just to hopefully clarify, when I put a small square on the table against the face of the fence, there is a small gap close to the bottom of the square suggesting that the fence is tilting to the left.
    Thanks again for any suggestions.
    Greg

Re: R4510 fence adjustments

I have owned my R4512 since Christmas, I have never seen the fence align by just pushing the handle down.

Such a nice saw otherwise ..

I have given up, all my cuts on that saw are done using some sort of sled that's accuracy is based on the miter slots and bars.

Comment

Working...
    X