X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet Recycling

Well one thing off my honey do or else list. We had/have a T-V cabinet that was too big or should I say tall for our use anymore. Instead of buying a new T-V cabinet or pedestal, I choose to shorten the one we have. I figured if I mess it up no big deal because I would still have to buy another one anyway if I did'nt try.

This is what the cabinet looked like before I gave it a flat top..

This is what I ended up with. It worked out great but, most importantly my wife is satisfied with the out come....

Re: Cabinet Recycling

Excellent. Modifying for a new purpose is great when done well.

Comment

Beautiful work !@ Lil plasma, 3/32 6010 root , 7018 cover ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Cabinet Recycling A LIL WELD HELP

Both Praxair n air gas don't carry Ni rod any more at My LWS . What's the best on line suppliers

Have You used crown alloys .035 premium nickel iron Maganese for cast iron Mig ? Thanks Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is what I ended up with. It worked out great but, most importantly my wife is satisfied with the out come....

That there, my friend, is what determines most home projects successes.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Both Praxair n air gas don't carry Ni rod any more at My LWS . What's the best on line suppliers

Have You used crown alloys .035 premium nickel iron Maganese for cast iron Mig ? Thanks Tool
            Tool, did you by chance post this to the wrong thread?
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Tool,
              If I need Ni rod I buy local. Have not bought on line so, I can't tell you of a good on line store.
              Never used nickel as a wire just SMAW process.. I am going to try 309 stainless wire with 98/02 shielding for cast, people has had great results. It has to be peined after welding... Use on the cold side. V-grove and fill up in shallow passes, pein between beads.

Comment

Beautiful work !@ Lil plasma, 3/32 6010 root , 7018 cover ?
                Yep-per, after cutting very little dross to clean up. Since it was not going to be under stress I used 7014 1/8" for root and cover...

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                  Yep-per, after cutting very little dross to clean up. Since it was not going to be under stress I used 7014 1/8" for root and cover...
                  Let's head to the Oil sands in Alberta Or Oklahoma. 300 K a year! I got long Johns _60

Comment

Let's head to the Oil sands in Alberta Or Oklahoma. 300 K a year! I got long Johns _60
                    I am a Florida cracker and anything under 75 degrees I freeze. But, I am sure there is a waiting list from guys/gals seeking thier fortune..

Comment

Working...
                    X