No announcement yet.

Band Saw ? for Jake

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Saw ? for Jake

I've noticed a hum and vibration coming from my BS1400 motor the last couple weeks, and it's getting worse. I haven't used it other than making templates for my next shop cabinet on 1/4" plywood, so I don't actually know if it's loosing power for resawing capibilities. I'll run some 8" stock through it this weekend to tell if power is a factor.

To your knowledge, has the 3/4hp model on the BS1400 have any problems such as I've mentioned?
    I'm inclinded to think it is a bearing going bad. The saw is only 6 months old and has only about 2 hours (guestimate) of use on it.

The Pully's and belt are in perfect alignment and band tension is correct. All fasteners have been checked and are tight. It does have the 6" riser installed.

Your thoughts, as always, are most welcomed.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"\" target=\"_blank\"></a>

I can't say that I have heard of any paticular problems along that line. I would continue to use the saw and if the motor gets worse, call 1-800-4RIDGID and talk to customer service and see about getting a replacement.

Thanks Jake,

One other question. If a motor replacement is neccessary, and warrentable: Is there a Emerson 1 HP motor that would work on the BS1400?
      Also, would they accept the difference in price of the stock 3/4 HP and 1 HP motors for the upgrade?

Opps, that's 2 questions.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"\" target=\"_blank\"></a>