X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no fasteners what so ever

i want to build a jewery box for my wife for chistmas. i have some old oak pallets/skids, that i will take apart plane and sand smooth, but i do not want to use any nails, scews,so i need to learn differnt joining methods. any help on where i can learn these? it will be 14"wide x 20"tall x 8" deep 3 drawers 2 glass doors with a small mirror behind the doors, the only swers will be for the hinges this is much differnt then the 8000 sq ft homes i build and i know that. i know i can't be a 16th off or it will be real noteicable thanks all
    9/11/01, never forget.

I'd say that this is a perfect project for a box joint jig. I don't have a resouce here at the tips of my fingers but I'm sure you could google one up. There are a few commercial jigs available but they're real easy to build, fairly simple to set up, and easy to use once you understand the concept.

Comment

Simple box joints and glue. Look at Woodcraft and you can find slot type hinges that don't use screws.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

O-S-C

Here is a link to a thread on another WW site where a member posted some pictures of an absolute gorgeous one he made; it will give you something to shoot for.

Woodslayer

http://www.marsh-monster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2118

Comment

Box joint is a good choice...so are through dovetails, or mitered corners with a spline or biscuits. Miter corners with a key spline can be beautiful too.

Comment

lol ok guys i am a framer by trade not a furnuter builder what is a box joint and how is it made???
            [img]smile.gif[/img]
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Here's a fairly inexpensive jig for making Box Joints. Box Joint Jig

A few of books that I've found to be very informative when it comes to the table saw are;

1. The Table Saw Book by Kelly Mehler (ISBN 1-56158-426-6)
              2. Table Saw Majic by Jim Tolpin (ISBN 1-55870-512-0)
              3. Table Saw Tips & Tricks by Kenneth Burton (ISBN 1-55870-623-2)
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

WWW.shopnotes.com

Awesome resource. Best subscription I have ever had. They sell back issues on their website. VOL 11/ISSUE 62 had an AWESOME box joint jig
                \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
                X