Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collectors

Does anyone know anything about the
    rigid dust collection system? I went to HD and well this uniformed women who works the Tool area told me they wee dicontinuing that item. I did research the Cyclone page but I dont think I need that much as I will use this shop maybe once a week or less and dont have that many tools just a small Table top Band saw,drill press. But I did buy a Ridid TS the 3612 and it is awsome..

Thanks
    Ben
    Run fast We Bite Hard
    Thanks
    GB Enterprises
    Doing it right the first time!!

Ben,

Here is the info I found on the Ridgid DC. It seems to be a very light duty unit and may work for you if you are through buying tools.

*edit* Could not copy in the site. Go to the home page and select:
    Products - woodworking, then select products again, and then select Air Filtration on the right side of the screen. Then select the DC2000.

Normally, the more you get into woodworking the more tools you buy and the more dust you create. I'm not sure how good of an investment this would be. I had a small Delta unit that could not handle the shavings from a planer or jointer without clogging. I returned it and bought a Jet canister unit and it works great.

Bob R

[ 04-15-2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Bob R ]

Comment

Bob
      Thanks for your input I had checked it out befoe and wasn't to impressd with it. I found someone selling theirs for $150.00 and it was barley used,I also went to HD to find one to get a look and get hands on. What I found out and this is becoming a habit with HD is thAT THERY HAD A DISPLay with parts missing and didn' give a discount. Plus the HD Help knew nothing about it or qnyone of the Rigid tool all she wants to do is sell u anything, She once told me that Rigid was the best for tools when I was looking a a rigid Drill Press,and the next week she was telling me. Ryobi was the best tools.They have limited,accessories for rigid in fact when I bought my TS3612 they had just a few items and still have the floor models on the floor with a lot of dust and broken parts. I think HD doesn't give a dam about Rigid. So now I have to search on the net for good deals.
      Thanks
      GB Enterprises
      Doing it right the first time!!

Comment

Working...
      X