X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counterbore holes on drill press

When drilling concentric holes, such as a thru hole and a larger dia counterbore, I have difficulty lining up the holes dead center. After drilling the counterbore I have to move the drill press table to change bits, losing the original setup. Any suggestions?

Have always found that if I drill the counterbore with a forstner or spade bit, there's a pilot hole ready----it's really easy to line up if you're using a brad-point for the through hole. Also, if you clamp the stock to the table----you can reduce some guess work, as the hole will remain on the arc of the bit, as you move the table.
    Dave

Comment

Dave is correct. Drill the larger whole that doesn't go all the way through the stock first. On a second note, Fisch now has a drill press clamp that exceeds anything out there. I picked one up at the ww show last weekend for 20 bucks. I wish I had gotten more. It is one fine idea I'm sure other manufactures will follow for holding stock to a drill press, work bench, saw table, etc. Well worth the $25 list price!

Click here and go to new products and click on the custom clamp to see it on the Fisch site.

[ 12-21-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Wow---that is a slick idea. Thanks for sharing.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X