Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Order Yours Yet?

Spider Vise
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Did You Order Yours Yet?

Interesting idea, the price would limit me a lot, I may be wrong but for no more than I would envision me using some thing like this, I would think one could just use some ToolKing.com: Bessey STC-IHH25 1-Inch Inline Push Pull Toggle Clamp

in line push toggle clamps, such as the Bessey STC-IHH25 even at the $20+ some price of the clamps and a sheet of ply wood one could make up most any type of clamping arrangement one would want I would think, and if needed some of the down pressure clamps thrown in as well one could make odd shaped clamping board,

yes I can see it if you really were doing a lot of odd work, but the $500 and another nearly $500 for the stand, that is a lot of clamps, as in the video a very expensive pencil sharpener,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That's impressive. Not sure how many would benefit from such a device, but wish I had thought of it!

Comment

Pretty much agree with BHD 100%

Comment

maybe I missed it but I do not see (besides basic head positioning) that the individual clamps are NOT adjustable on there own is that correct? I would think that one would may want to be able to tweak the clamps independently as well,
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

GOTCHA! - Lee Valley Tools

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave,

I just saw this over on the BT3 forum, and caught on after a couple of minutes. (First and only April's Fool thing I've seen today.)

Up until the painting of the pool cue and using it as a pencil sharpener, I would have probably biten hard. Putting the date (and the price) aside, I thought it was a pretty cool clamp... probably something I could duplicate to some degree, albeit without the central hub and gearing mechanism though.

I wish I wasn't so gullible when it comes to cool tools

CWS

Comment

for some operations, it is not that bad of an Idea, but yes you got me,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Lee Valley has been doing this for a number of years now. Check out some of their past April Fools.

Comment

Working...
                  X