X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Rubbing Zero Clearance Insert

My 3612 has a strange quirk that has me baffled. Hopefully someone here can give me an answer.

When I have my blade height set at say ½" to around 1¼" it sounds like the blade is hitting the sides of the ZCI on startup and shutdown. When the saw is running at full speed everything sounds normal. However, if I raise the blade height to about 1½" the blade doesn't seem to be hitting the sides of the ZCI at all on startup, shutdown or when running at full speed.

There is only a difference of .0025 from the front of the blade to the back so I don't think that blade alignment is the problem or is it? Oh yeah, I'm not using a thin kerf blade either.

I never used ZCI before I got my 3612. Is this a normal situation with these types of inserts?

[ 10-13-2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

With which make and type of blade is this occuring? Does it happen with more than one with the same ZCI? Is your ZCI plastic our shopmade wood etc.,?

David

Comment

Cutbuff,

The blade I'm using is a Freud LU84R011 and the ZCI is a RIDGID AC1035 that came with the saw. The blade is my primary blade and I cut the kerf in the ZCI with it. I've made some dado inserts and I don't have this problem with them.

Dave
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X