Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can anything be done about the Rip fence accuracy on a R4512 ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anything be done about the Rip fence accuracy on a R4512 ?

Folks,

I purchased a R4512 Table back in January. The fence was not as accurate as others, but I knew that. At least it was straight, now when I lock the fence there can be as much as 1/2" difference between the 2 sides.

Also, I am starting to have trouble getting the fence aligned manually.

Sometimes, I wish I would purchased a cheap table saw, and a Biesemeyer fence !

-Out of alignment in Florida

Re: Can anything be done about the Rip fence accuracy on a R4512 ?

you can make a fence face plate of delrin plastic sheet and epoxy it to the fence.
    delrin plastic can be milled in any metal shop and is very durable.
    you will need it cut into a wedge 1/2 inch thick at one end and taper it to 0 on the other end.
    heres the link
    Acetal Resin | DuPont ™ Delrin ®
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

any chance for a few pics of the problem you're having? not sure i understand what "there can be as much as 1/2" difference between the 2 sides" refers to. except for the split rails, that fence system is similar to the fences on the gray ridgids and the 3650/60. i have one on my ts2412 and it locks down parallel to the blade every time and is every bit as accurate as the delta t2 i have on a similar emerson built c-man.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I'm also not sure what you mean by 1/2" difference. I know when I lock down the fence I almost always measure front and back and adjust as nessessary however its never been out by a 1/2".. We're talking maybe a 1/16 if that. Still, I did this 30 years ago with my fathers table saw and its not that big a deal.

However, I am looking at the Vega fence and rail setup to replace the one on the R4512 at some point. At $260 I think it's a great upgrade that doesn't break the bank. Just installed a Benchdog ci router table though so the fence will wait.

Comment

Working...
        X