Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a Ridgid plunge router or Ridgid combo plunge base?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a Ridgid plunge router or Ridgid combo plunge base?

In preparation for beginning production of my patented "Schmitt32 mini line drill" I am trying to make the router base adapter fit as many different lower to mid priced plunge router models as reasonably possible. I went to my local Ridgid tool dealer yesterday to look at and measure the bases of Ridgid plunge router models, but they had none in the store. If anyone could email me a photo of the plunge base taken from the bottom along with at least one carefully obtained dimension between hole centers or of any other easily recognized component, such as total diameter of the actual part, (not the photo) shown on the photo which would allow me to scale the photo, I would appreciate it.

The best way to photograph the router base is to remove the plastic shoe plate, then set the base on a flat bed scanner and scan the object. This should give an accurate scale image of the base from which I can mathematically obtain all the dimensions needed in order to create a precision fitting base attachment.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Art Schmitt
    schmitt32linedrill@gmail.com

Re: anyone have a Ridgid plunge router or Ridgid combo plunge base?

Art,

I can send you a digital photo of the base, or if you would wait a couple of days, I can scan the base as you requested. At present I'm at one house where my shop is, and the other house is the one with the flat-bed scanner. I will be returning there on Thursday, this week.

Measured with a vernier the plexiglas base measures 5.950 inches

The magnesium casting measures 5.894 diameter with a flat edge on one side approximately 2-7/8 wide (used for the optional edge guide).

The baseplate is fastened with three, equally-spaced holes at approximately 4.702 diameter... but I suggest you scale this from the scan just to make sure.

If you would like, I can scan both the removeable baseplate and the casting... let me know. (you can send a private message if you prefer)

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

IIRC, ridgid touted the base used the same bolt pattern as Porter-Cable but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Alpha,

I believe that you are correct, as there are many "compatibilities" between the Ridgid and Porter-Cable. For example, I use the P-C edge guide on my 2930, the mounting plate for my Rockler router table is the same as for the Porter-Cable, and one of the two plexiglass baseplates is fitted to accept the P-C guide bushings.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Thanks CWS I appreciate the info you've included with your initial post ie; base dimensions and hole centers.

I did attempt to send you a message stating that I did still want the scanned image and could wait because I'd be away from my computer for about 4 days, but apparently I messed up that attempt at a personal message or reply, I don't remember which, but thanks again and if you could, I'd surely appreciate an email of that image

schmitt32linedrill

Comment

CWS

I did attempt to send a reply to your post but apparently messed up. I do still want the emailed scan of the Ridgid base if the offer still stands. Thank you for your effort.

Art

Comment

Working...
            X