Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3612

Ok Jake.........
    I just purchased the TS3612, am going to start putting it together this evening. Are there any special tips or tricks i should know before i get this thing put together and then have to take it apart again? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Will be in touch after i use it for the first time to let u guys know how wonderful it is !!

Jay

No particular tips, just read the manual carefully and make sure you follow the directions. The heal alignment is the most important step.

Jake

Comment

there are a few errors in the manual. Mine was printed 4/02; on the back. Page 20, diagram wrong in assembly of wings. Lockwasher goes under nut, not under washer. Page 25, 45 degree set, B 1, "unscrew the 45 degree (NOT 90 degree as stated) stop screw. Page 30, alingment of rules. Set up fence first to zero in. Mine were placed so it was impossible to align both, so I chose the right, 36" one.

The saw is otherwise great so far.

Good luck,
      Fred

Comment

I finished setting up my saw this weekend. It took awhile, but wasn't difficult. (The only thing I needed help from my husband for was the heavy lifting.) However, my rules do not line up properly either. One is about 1/8 inch off. I didn't realize this until the saw was set up. So now the fence will line up on the left, but not the right. Am going to have to redo and go with the right side. If I pulled the left tape off and tried to adjust, will it ever stick back on decently? I also noticed the other manual misprints. Otherwise I am very happy with the saw and feel that I made a good choice. Would definitely recommend it.
        Dusty

Comment

I don't follow how your tape didn't line up correctly. Mine was off a little that I could not adjust for by moving the plastic hairline markers. I slightly loosened the rail and tapped it over about an 1/8th and readjusted the line markers.

Not sure what the probability of success will be reattaching the tape.

Where are you in Kansas? We were in Wichita for 10 years.

Comment

Dusty,

Page 30 of manual says to align 7 - 3/8" ..., Ridgid says this is wrong, and wants 7 - 1/8". Also there are only 4 bolts/nuts, not five. I any event, the "zero" marks should be about 7 -1/2" apart. If further, you will not be able to align both scales. For most, the right is more important. The tapes have a metal backing, and they did not advise trying to remove and reapply. You can buy aftermarket tapes at Rockler or many other suppliers.

I am still working with this.

Good luck.
            Fred

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice. Tweaked the bolts on the lift a little and it is much better. My problem with the ruler tapes is over now, too. Setting the alignment at 7 1/8 instead of 7 3/8 did the trick. Before, I had the clear indicator set over as far as it would go and it still wasn't right. Just one thing: I use a 12 inch ruler to set the fence and the indicator lines up perfectly. If I check it then with a 24 inch ruler, then the line on the clear indicator is about 1/16 off. I compared my two rulers and their markings are identical. Could be there is something a little off on the ruler strip on the saw....or it could just be my bifocals! I was really frustrated with it until I decided it just wasn't that big of a deal. I'll just make sure that I check my measurements closely. Bob S: I live in Topeka.
              Dusty

Comment

Dusty,

This is the coriolis effect acting again. Good luck! I am glad the fence lines up. Perhaps time to invest in a real (aka Starrett) ruler.

Fred

Comment

Working...
                X