X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMPLEX COMPOUND MITER CUTS

I've seen plenty of ideas on cutting crown mold, including tables for the rigid compound miter saw I own but...when the corner you are mitering around is 90 deg (outside porch roof)but one run is level and the other proceeds up the roof line at 25 deg? I can't figure it out. Help would be much appreciated.

If you cut your miters for the crown with the molding upside down and at a 45 degree angle, you can cut the 25 degree slope angle (with a double bevel miter saw) by bevelling the blade for the 25* cut while cutting the 45* angle...
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

If you are talking about what I think you are from reading your post, you can't match the angle. I think you are talking about the rake board going up the edge of the gable connecting to the facia board along the eave. If you use the same width board (trim) you will have a wider dimension on the rake board than the facia. You need to start with a narrower board for the rake.

George

Comment

I had to do just that with 14" crown molding and fascia board plus freeze board and bed mold etc.About 15 pcs to make the outside trim of a church library I was working on back in 1977. I remember how I did it but I couldn't explain it here if you gave me the winning lottery ticket. It involved making wooden mitre boxes with the saw slot angled to match the roof pitch. If it's very important to you email me and I'll send you my phone number. Maybe I could explain it that way.

Comment

Working...
        X