Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another obsolete tool

For those of you that own the RYOBI DB50 small biscuit joiner:
    It seems RYOBI no longer makes the R1, R2, R3, size biscuits!

Wolfcraft does offer them but they are still hard to locate.

My other tool that has the same challenge is the Ridgid R888 18V planer!
    Ridgid has obsoleted the replacement blades!

Why do these companies do this?

Neither company has offered a "newer designed tool" to replace or upgrade

This is extremely frustrating when these tools are so useful!

Cactus Man

Re: Another obsolete tool

some of the R sizes are on Ebay

Amazon.com: R1 BISCUITS 110PK DBJ50 RYOBI - RIDGID 4600411: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: R2 BISCUITS 100PK DBJ50 RYOBI - RIDGID 4600412: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have 3 R888 planers that need new blades.... grrr

Comment

Spiral Planer Blades 2 for The Ridgid 24V 18V R888 Cordless Planer New | eBay
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Many Years ago I discovered Robi tools were Lacking. I have Many Makita 18 volt Battery tools and More expensive power tools. Love My New Fein Multimaster .
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Kinda looks to me that Ryobi and Harbor Freight are in the same league.

Bill

Comment

I think Ryobi is a notch or two above HF.

How long ago did they stop selling the DB50 ?

How many years does Ryobi, or ANY company for that matter, have to
              supply parts and accessories to be considered 'Top Notch' in your book?

Everybody knocks Craftsman tools but you can most times get parts even for 25+ year old tools.
              I was able to get bearings and other parts for an old but still very usable Craftsman router of mine
              that I bought over 30 years ago. I got it back in working order and now have it dedicated to a 1/4"
              radius roundover bit. When I need it I don't have to change a setup on one of my other routers, and
              with its nice grips and built in light its a nice tool and well worth the $18 it costs me for parts.

Does that make Craftsman any better than Ryobi or HF, or DeWalt or any other make?
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bearings or armatures are one thing, consumables such as cutting knives is complete bull crap to stop supplying. Bearings can be found usually through other sources, and even though cost prohibitive, armatures and switches can be rebuilt.

Comment

True, it is disappointing that consumable parts that are unique to a tool are not supported longer. And if they can't justify keeping them available they could at least announce an end date for them so people could stock up.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X