X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts3650

have been offered a ts3650 which is new and never been assembled. I do not know the value of this saw or how much to offer.

Re: Ts3650

I believe that the final closeout price at HD on this saw was in the neighborhood of $300. You certainly wouldn't be over paying for a NIB saw if you could get it for around that price.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with Dave. An very good table saw, knowing what I do now from having owned one for 7 years I would be willing to go higher. Idon't think there is much, if any, table saw out there that tops it by much if at all. There is lots of info on that saw here, do some reading tonight and you'll see that most everyone who has one likes it. I wish I had kept mine and put it in the basement and started an indoor shop for winter time. Read up then compare to whats available currently for much more and you'll jump on it for $300 and never be sorry.

In fact, just go buy it for the 300. NIB for 300 is a steal.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I, too, agree. I have one and wouldn't sell it for $300.

Comment

the 3650 was a very good TS modeled after what i believe was one of the best contractor saws ever made, the ts3612. $300 would be a fair price for buyer and seller.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

thank you for the info. I would have figured the price to be higher.

Comment

out of curiosity what was the original purchase price on this saw?

Comment

+1, i have one as well and it's fantastic.

i believe the original price was $599, dropped to $499 and put on clearance for $399 (that's when i got mine, about 6 years ago).

i would definitely get another for $300.

Comment

In Canada, they originally retailed at a whopping 999.00, went to 799.00, and then sold for 599.00.

300 dollars is well worth it. Heck, I've spent more than 300 on a single handplane.
                  Last edited by franklin pug; 05-30-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

$300 is fair for both, possibly even $350 considering the condition. Even though it's new, there's no warranty and no return privileges, so if there's a manufacturing defect, you're on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by taztool View Post
                      have been offered a ts3650 which is new and never been assembled. I do not know the value of this saw or how much to offer.
                      if it's still in box, I'd look it over before buying - cast iron top sitting in a box for years, never know what kind of shape that might be in. I own this saw & it's great, but sitting unused for years generally is not good for anything mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by jerkylips View Post
                        if it's still in box, I'd look it over before buying - cast iron top sitting in a box for years, never know what kind of shape that might be in. I own this saw & it's great, but sitting unused for years generally is not good for anything mechanical.
                        I agree that I would want to look it over, but I would not be too worried unless the box showed signs of handling or water damage. I think everything is packaged well enough and protected from rust when originally boxed. I remember unboxing mine and the time it took to clean all that grease off the cast parts. Hopefully he has already bought this saw by now. If still sitting on the fence get your but in gear and buy the thing. If you don't want it then I might be interested in it as a second TS at that price. VT is only a few hours away, I'll drive up and take it off your hands.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

So taztool. How did you make out with getting the saw?
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Working...
                          X