4512 bent bevel rod?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4512 bent bevel rod?

Hi. I bought a TS4512 yesterday from my local HD and saw when I got it home that the bevel rod had snapped. Fortunately, I returned it right away and HD gave me a new saw. When I got the new one home, I noticed after unpacking that the bevel rod looked a bit warped. I took a picture and brought it to the local HD to compare with the floor model. Lo and behold, the bevel rod on that saw was also bent. I have no experience with this particular saw. Is what I am seeing a damaged product? I've attached a pic to this post.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce
    Attached Files

Re: 4512 bent bevel rod?

I do not believe that rod should be bent. Something is wrong in the assembly process for that to happen on more than one saw. I would call Ridgid CS and let them know. You can't depend on them picking up on your post here on the forum unfortunately.

Does your HD have another saw you can swap again for? I'd get the serial numbers of the three bad saws, they're probably close together coming off the line. That information might help Ridgid figure out how many are effected.

Hopefully they will make it right for you. If not, don't hesitate to get your money back and buy something else.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Thanks Bob. All three saws at my local HD have broken or bent rods. I'll call CS with the serial #. There are other HDs in the area, so we'll see.

Comment

Looks like trouble in paradise....definitely should not be bent. Ridgid's QC guys have some investigating to do.

Comment

I just thought I'd follow up on this thread. The good folks at my local HD delivered a new saw and brought it downstairs to my basement shop. My new saw is now up and running. All is well in the world ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X