X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Question

The R4511 is my first table saw and I love it. One issue: Removing the riving knife for dados or my crosscut sled is a bit of a hassle. Is there some easy trick I am overlooking? I definitely want it on under normal ircumstances.

Re: R4511 Question

After replacing the fence/blade, I love mine also.
    Re the knife, I just tap the little handle behind the blade to loosen it, then pull it straight out and while holding it, lift the knife out.
    GAS
    Last edited by Big G; 07-10-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I no this sounds stupid, but I can't locate the handle. What am I looking for?

Thanks for the help,
      Chip

Comment

I no this sounds stupid, but I can't locate the handle. What am I looking for?

Thanks for the help,
        Chip

Comment

The 'handle' is small, gray colored item located on the bottom mechanism that holds the knife in place. It may need a little tap to loosen it, but then you can lift the knife out of the seat in goes into.
          To replace the knife, replace it back in the slot and tighten the 'handle'.
          GAS

Comment

Thanks for your replies and patience. I don't think I have that knob. Is it supposed to be where there is an empty threaded area in the picture?
            Attached Files

Comment

Chipbyrd, from what I can see in your pics, I believe that is where the handle should be. Again, it should be directly behind the blade on the right side of the 'box' that contains the riving knife.
              Good luck,
              Big G

Comment

Working...
              X