X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 90 blade

I am having trouble getting my blade to a true 90 degrees. I am afraid to crank too hard on the trunnion as I have heard of people snapping it. I have cleared out the saw dust but it is still 89.4 degrees with a digital angle reader as well as not quite 90 with a square on the table.

Any ideas?

Brian

Re: 3650 90 blade

Could it be that the 90 degree stop is not adjusted properly ? Look for it and try to adjust it to allow the blade to move into a perfect 90 degrees.

Comment

Back off the travel stops and be sure the contact areas are clean. Then see if you can bring the blade to 90 with the table. I take it you have zeroed the gauge with the table top.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If you haven't already, try taking your measurements with a different blade. It's possible that the blade could be slightly warped.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Back off the travel stops and be sure the contact areas are clean. Then see if you can bring the blade to 90 with the table. I take it you have zeroed the gauge with the table top.
          I agree. I often have to clean mine as sawdust gets packed in there and acts like a shim.

Comment

I have had this as well. I cleaned all the dust out, and I mean ALL the dust. Use some WD40 to lube up the gears, etc, and the check for square. The truest test is a test cut, in my opinion. So get everything square, and take some cuts. If your blade is old or worn, this is the time to replace it before your commit an hour to tuning up the saw.

Comment

Working...
            X