X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton 3 1/4HP router

I am still thinking of buying the Triton plunge router. Is there anyone who has one and can give me their comments? It seems to have great power, features, and also comes with an edge guide, circle cutting guide, a 1/4" reducer and a straight bit. Plus it is different from what EVERYONE else has......
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

You may find this forum more helpful since this is a Ridgid site. Woodnet.net has a little more objectivity of tools

Give it a try

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...reads.php?Cat=

Comment

jake's got point - many there heavy into routers and offer some excellent input and opinions based on years of experience and actual useage of product.
      I suspect you may find it is not as different as you think --- and pretty well recieved from what I've read (never used).
      Good luck
      Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky:
        jake's got point - many there heavy into routers and offer some excellent input and opinions based on years of experience and actual useage of product.
        I suspect you may find it is not as different as you think --- and pretty well received from what I've read (never used).
        Good luck

Comment

Just stumbled across this. Hope it helps.

http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...itonrouter.htm

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:

Jake
            The pix say it all.
            One serious looking machine. It'd be slick to see it side by side with one of my lil' ol' 693's. Similar to David and Goliath. Stones may not hurt that beast at that....willing to wager a cutter not made it cannot handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by woodworkerjake:

Jake
              The pix say it all.
              One serious looking machine. It'd be slick to see it side by side with one of my lil' ol' 693's. Similar to David and Goliath. Stones may not hurt that beast at that....willing to wager a cutter not made it cannot handle.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks. It was by this review that I started to consider getting this tool. I will check out the other form today. Should I get this tool ($449) I will be sure to give you guys (and gals) my comments.
              Good day!
              Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

You can get this router @ amazon.com for $319 with free shipping. Just wanted to help you get the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwkr02:
                  You can get this router @ amazon.com for $319 with free shipping. Just wanted to help you get the best deal.
                  Maybe the discrepency is in funds ---- US vs Canadian?

Yes - we would appreciate an update and impressions after using. Good luck

Comment

You might want to try www.patwarner.com. Go to the Triton TRC-001 link under Understanding Routing. He provides a honest, if not decisive, evaluation of some of the routers features.

Comment

Working...
                    X