Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4512 TS Blade wobbles when raising and lowering?

I noticed the other day that my blade was way out of square. I followed the directions and squared the blade to the mitre slot. Now when I raise and lower the blade it wobbles? Specifically when I raise it. The whole assembley shifts slightly to the left. When I lower it, it goes back to normal. What could be going on here?

Re: 4512 TS Blade wobbles when raising and lowering?

sounds like the dreaded "alignment changing with blade elevation" malady that all too many 4512s seem to experience. the common thinking, across this and other WW forums, is that there is no field remedy for this malady. return or pro repair might be the only course of action.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I have the same problem. I have discovered that, at least on mine, if I give the elevation wheel half a turn back after raising the blade the arbor settles back into alignment. I used my indicator dial and find that my blade stays within +/- .002. I've decided to live with it and check my alignment fairly often.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The blade looks like it goes back to normal when lowering a half turn. I don't have a dial indicator so I don't know how close it is. I contacted ridgid support and they said I could bring it back to Home Depot and they should take care of it. I guess if I run into any problems I'll just have to live with it until I can afford another saw.

Comment

I'm not normally one who thinks a dial indicator is necessary woodworking equipment but I think it a worthwhile expense considering the obvious blade shift when raising the blade. I checked the alignment without the half turn back and found that my blade shifted .012" to the right when elevated. After relieving the upward pressure it settles back to .001" every time.

Comment

Working...
          X