X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Shifting on Ridgid R4512

I recently purchased a Ridgid R4512. I put it together and made all the adjustments but I notice that when I installed the riving knife and tighten the handle the blade and the main trunnion shift forward. Same thing happens when I remove the riving knife but it shift backward .It does not change the aligment of the blade but I was just wondering is this normal?

Re: Blade Shifting on Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by ezkljr View Post
    I recently purchased a Ridgid R4512. I put it together and made all the adjustments but I notice that when I installed the riving knife and tighten the handle the blade and the main trunnion shift forward. Same thing happens when I remove the riving knife but it shift backward .It does not change the aligment of the blade but I was just wondering is this normal?
    no, it is not normal. has this shifting been checked with some sort of measuring tool to verify that the blade alignment isn't shifting a few thousandths? hard to see with the naked eye. i'd get a $10 dial gauge at HF, attach it to my miter gauge and determine if the alignment to the miter slot is shifting also.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Re: Blade Shifting on Ridgid R4512

Sounds like something could be loose.

Comment

Working...
      X