Transporting 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting 3650

I have a question. I need to move my ts3650 from maine to mass...due to a divorce........ My question is, has anyone actually had to disassemble the saw? I can transport the saw no problem, but I need to get the saw into my attic. The door into the attic where my workshop is going to be is to narrow. Any suggestions?

Re: Transporting 3650

Probably more work than you'd like but why not increase the size of the attic door opening? If the current opening is too small to accept a disassembled 3650, you will most likely have issues with other items down the road.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

about the only thing that I would have to take off is the top. I would love to make the door bigger, but we are renting. The landlord is giving me permission to make the attic into my workshop. it is a huge attic..

Comment

Do you expect to be there long enough for modifying the door on your dime might pay off?
        The landlord might let you make the mod if you present it right and offer to split or fully pay.

you gain easier access in and out (remember you'll have to take the saw apart again when
        you move out) for the time you are there and save having to tear the TS down to get it in.

He gains an improvement to the house at little or no cost depending on how it works out
        and a happy tenant while you are there. Think about the projects you might build and how
        that small doorway might limit you.

If that fails just take the wings, the motor, and the legs off, the saw itself should fit through the door no problem on edge.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by sanman View Post
          I have a question. I need to move my ts3650 from maine to mass...due to a divorce........ My question is, has anyone actually had to disassemble the saw? I can transport the saw no problem, but I need to get the saw into my attic. The door into the attic where my workshop is going to be is to narrow. Any suggestions?
          disassembling the 3650 is not a big deal. remove the motor, fence rails and wings, then split the saw in half by removing the saw cabinet from the leg stand. remove the herc-u-lift from the leg stand and disassemble the leg stand. that should reduce the saw to components that will fit through any door an individual can walk through. any chance for a pic, or the dimensions, of the subject doorway?
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
          X